November 9, 2009

Granola Bars


T and I eat a lot of granola bars. Every day for work, we take salads for lunch so granola bars are the only carb we eat during the day. I decided a few weeks ago to try and make these tasty treats myself and found a pretty basic recipe on my favourite site -- http://www.allrecipes.com/. I've made these a few times now and they always turn out great, and the best part is that you can totally customize them.

The base is:

  • 3 cups instant rolled oats
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 tbsp butter melted
After that, you can add just about anything. This week, I added:
  • 1 cup mixed nuts (I pounded these a little to break them up)
  • 1/2 cup craisins
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mmm!)
Then bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes. I've also learned it's much easier to cut when they're warm. Then I wrap them individually in wax paper and voila, a perfect and healthy snack for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Web Analytics