August 29, 2010

Brown Sugar Oatmeal with Berries


It's getting cooler here in the morning. One of my favourite things to do on a Sunday morning is snuggle up with my dog, a hot coffee and a warm breakfast and watch Sunday Morning on CBS. I usually make pancakes, but sometimes I'm looking for something easier so last week I pulled out a bag of Quaker oatmeal and I might not turn back. 

I pretty much followed the recipe until the end when I opted to make it a little more decadent by adding cream and sugar -- balanced out with some blueberries of course. 

Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
  • 1/2 cup Quick oatmeal (3-5 minutes to cook)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp cream
  • 1/4 cup blueberries

Directions
  • Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal cooking for 3-5 minutes (or, as per the bag's directions)
  • Remove from heat and add brown sugar and cream. Stir in
  • Add blueberries and mix in, letting warm up slightly
  • Serve in bowls and sprinkle lightly with more brown sugar and a few more blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Web Analytics