September 2, 2010

Baked Pita Triangles





When I make appetizers, I'm usually looking for something easy that I can mostly prepare in advance so I can focus on the main course. Recently, I picked up one of my favourite dips -- roasted red pepper, which I swear I'm going to learn how to make -- and put it on a tray with vegetables. I still wanted it to look like I put some effort into, so I grabbed a bag of Greek-style pitas and decided to bake them.


The real win for these was the kosher salt because they were unexpectedly salty. Served warm, it looked like I put in a lot of time into these little guys, but they were easy to whip up and, because of their large surface area, perfect for dipping.


Ingredients

  • 4 no-pocket pitas (often called Greek style)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tbsp kosher salt
  • pepper 



Directions

  • Cut pitas into six triangles by cutting whole pita in half, then each half into three triangles
  • Line pitas on a baking sheet
  • Lightly brush olive oil onto one side of each pita and sprinkle with salt and pepper
  • Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes
  • Serve warm

1 comment:

  1. I have never made my own pita chips, but I make a killer roasted red pepper hummus. I keep thinking I should make pita chips...no excuse, just lazy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Web Analytics