January 9, 2013

Marinara Sauce


I always try to have tomato sauce in the house because it's one of those staple pantry items I find myself turning to constantly. But I've never found a great sauce, they're always just "ok," leaving my dish something to be desired.

But then a stroke of fate happened. As I was making my lasagna rolls, I realized I didn't  have any sauce and wasn't eager to pack up The Bean and go out to get some, so I turned to www.allrecipes.com and made "The Best Marinara Sauce, Ever." I had every ingredient in the house (thanks to a weekly purchase of canned tomatoes and tomato paste) and set out to make the sauce.

I loved that it made my kitchen smell amazing and it seemed the longer it simmered, the better it tasted. Many people on All Recipes even noted that the next day, the sauce was twice as good as the first day. The sauce is simple, but what I particularly liked about it was the wine. Wine just makes everything better, doesn't it?

Best Marinara Sauce, Ever
Makes about 4 cups

Ingredients
  • 1 28 oz can Italian tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato paste
  • 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 finely diced medium onion
  • 1/2 cup white wine

Directions

  • In a food processor, blend the tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth
  • In a large pot over medium heat, sautee the onion in the olive oil until transparent
  • Add the tomato mixture and the white wine to the pot and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally 
Recipe from www.allrecipes.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Web Analytics